Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Review of Week 1: Success!

Well, week one flew by. I followed the plan. Tracked everything I ate. Counted my points. Drank enough water. Tried some new recipes. And it worked. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

I definitely had a great week for a number of reasons. The first is because my dear friend Kelly (and the best nanny I could ask for to watch my girls) introduced me to really low-point foods that helped tide me over when I needed something to eat. And they involved chocolate -- what could be better!!

Vitamuffins and Chocolate Fiber One bars were crucial to this week's success. Each bar or Vitamuffin is only one point and both are super tasty. The Vitamuffin is just like the top part of a chocolate muffin. It's loaded with chocolate chips and definitely does not taste low-cal or low-fat like you would expect it to. They are at Costco in the frozen section. The Fiber One bars are from any grocery store. They also are pretty filling and give you that yummy chocolate taste without all of the guilt since they are also only 1 point.

Later I'll post the new recipes that we really liked so I can keep track of good ones for future weeks of success. This week we really enjoyed turkey chili, southwestern chicken, mexican meatloaf and garlic chicken with broccoli. Next week we will be trying potato chowder, crock pot lasagna, white chicken chili, cranapple chicken, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and fake pea soup.

6.5 lost so far. 93.5 pounds to go.

2 comments:

  1. When I lost weight over this past year I discovered those Vitamuffins too...they are awesome. Also there are other flavors like cranberry and corn and stuff. Yum! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete