Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bring on the Week!

We will be ready for dinner every day this week!

Today was a jam packed morning. I sat down with the cookbooks and picked out recipes that I could make in advance to plan out dinner for every day this week. After breakfast, Randy, the girls and I headed to the grocery store and bought all of the ingredients and I spent some time cooking this afternoon. Our fridge is now packed with serving size containers for quick and easy things, as well as some recipes that need to be popped in the crock pot.

I managed to bake some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies as well. They were really easy to make and I LOVE them!

The recipe is simple: one box of carrot cake mix, 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin.

1. Mix it all together.
2. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

It makes 48 small 1 point cookies or 24 large 2 point cookies. They turn out really moist and have a cake-ish texture. I didn't realize how much I would like them. Here are some pictures...


I will definitely be making them again. I had four 2 point cookies today, but they were well worth it!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get to your house to eat a 2pt. cookie. They look soooo good ! I'm so proud of you for taking this huge leap and deciding to become a healthier individual.You will have many succeses and lots of support especially when there's a bump in the road.I think it's interesting how taking care of yourself by eating well rubs off on others.It's a good thing and I'm happy to be a spectator as you start your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't having everything planned really take a load off of you for the week? I love when I plan ahead like that.... just gives you a great start to the week. Can't wait to get home and try those cookies. What could be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! I've tried for years to plan out our menus in advance, but when the day comes, someone isn't in the mood for what I've planned :(

    ReplyDelete