Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Review of Week 2

Two more pounds lost!

I can safely say that I never thought I'd buy a pull-up bar. You know...one of those things that you hang on and can do pull-ups or chin-ups with?

Life is full of surprises though and we have one now! And a full set of resistance bands so that I can follow the DVDs for P90X.

If you have not heard of P90X, it's a very intense workout program that you do straight for 90 days. There are 13 workout DVDs and each day you do a specific one according to the schedule. It has a good balance of cardio and resistance training to build muscle and do cardio at the same time. If all I did was lose weight, I still would not be toned and firm in the end. Just smaller and squishy. Plus, building muscle increases the rate of fat loss and helps speed up metabolism. I've decided I want to have it all. Weight loss, lean muscles and truly better health. I know that takes some exercise and work so I'm going to give this a try!

Here it goes!!!

8.5 lbs lost, 91.5 lbs. to go


1 comment:

  1. not sure if my comment was sent through. That is a kick butt workout. I agree about building muscle. Nothing but good can come from it.

    ReplyDelete